Flo Ro at the finish line?

29 Nov

wälzer

Dear fellow Flynn fans,

the read realchristianmcqueen.com…

is interesting enough, but more intriguing is the comment at the bottom of the page.

It comes from former blog Flynnthusiast Robert Florczak stating he finally completed his latest he-art work on our Hollywood hero.

If so, we are in for a treat under the Christmas tree. 2000 pages on Flynn with more than 10.000 pictures- that took time, effort and money! One penny a pic would be a bargain, ten cents a page still a steal…the purchase price does not worry me as much as whether coffee tables worldwide will withstand the weight of the opus´ corpus.

Personally, I am very curious if Errol really ever visited that nail shop in Bali.

Robert, I implore you to rejoin the blog, be it under the name of Rogueczak or Anonymous, but please give us the rundown on the release of the Bible of Errol.

Halleluja,

— shangheinz

1. twinarchers

November 29, 2015 at 3:06 pm

This book sounds great.

2. David DeWitt

November 29, 2015 at 3:52 pm

I’ve seen a few bits of it as it was being created in a year by year sequence and there is no other Flynn book project like it. Every page I saw was fascinating and brimming with photos, documents, memos, all very detailed stuff and monumental in it’s organization and research. There will be no other book that has this kind of scope and detail. An instant Collector’s item!

3. timerider

November 29, 2015 at 4:11 pm

“Opus Corpus” Maybe Robert got a tickle out of that and his wife too! LOL! Wheeeew! What an undertaking! Blood sweat and tears I imagine! It will be greatly appreciated and a wonder to behold I’m sure.Patently awaiting… Rogueczak

November 29, 2015 at 6:42 pm

Congratulations, Robert! That is wonderful news. I wish you great success with this his historic document. I’m sure it’s a masterpiece.

• Don Jan

November 29, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Heinz, I bet you my bottom dollar Errol never visited any nail shop in any part of Indonesia!

• Gentleman Tim

November 29, 2015 at 9:44 pm

Well, Don Jan, we do have it on the very good contemporaneous authority of Harold Gridley that Flynn was in Bali in 1952. Perhaps his “shrieking” was consequent of an extra-close pedicurial error.

From Road to Bali:

[George and Harold are surrounded by beautiful native women.]

Offstage voice shrieks “A-ough! Oh no!”

George Cochran: What’s that?

Harold Gridley: Oh, that’s Errol Flynn. He can’t stand it.

Road-to-Bali-1952.jpg

• Don Jan

November 30, 2015 at 7:06 am

You learn something everyday, I was unaware of it, by the way just checking…..I have no dollars anymore!

• shangheinz

November 30, 2015 at 10:00 pm

But a Penny to spare…right?