Errol and his Don Juan Tights!

06 Aug

A funny story printed in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on December 26, 1947.

Don-Juan-thights

In additions, mentioning his perfect figure including all measurements!

Enjoy!

news.google.com…

— Tina

1. Inga

August 6, 2013 at 5:54 pm

This is so funny! Thanks for sharing, Tim!! I wonder if any of the worn-out tights are still the proud belongings of a cleaning lady and cherished by the family… ;-)

• Tina

August 8, 2013 at 1:54 am

Hi Inga;
      I am not Tim! Hahaha – but I am glad you enjoyed the post found it by accident.! I enjoyed it too!

• Inga

August 8, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Oh Tina, I’m so sorry! There must be something wrong with my eyes because I often think “Tina” when I read “Tim” – and now it’s happened the other way round!! Stupid me!!! Pleeeease forgive me!!

• Tina

August 15, 2013 at 12:14 am

Hi Inga;
          You are all forgiven and I will write soon! I am a bad girl!

• Inga

August 15, 2013 at 5:54 am

Ah no, who if not you is then a good egg? ;-)

2. Tim

August 6, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Please pardon the extremely poor puns, Tina, but Mr. Willy’s sure had a tight schedule on this film. And EF’s Don Juan, tights to dye for. … No knobby knees, Errol!

The writer, Aline Mosby, did a great job with this. Interestingly, years later – in 1959 – she also interviewed Lee Harvey Oswald! (And was reputed to have the first sports car in Russia!)

• Tina

August 8, 2013 at 1:56 am

Hi Tim;
      It’s all in fun, I like good puns! I thought the article was funny and maybe more of our authors would enjoy to read it.

• Tim

August 8, 2013 at 4:08 am

You’re right, Tina. It’s really witty & enjoyable – much like Errol himself was – always seeing the humor & irony in things:

tumblr_mnxitusT1R1ql2w65o6_r1_250.gif

• Tina

August 8, 2013 at 7:29 pm

I love that scene out of Sea Hawk! Errol owned the monkey and it roamed the house making a lot of mischief, but Errol apparently just laughed at his pranks.
          Here is one of Olivia and Errol out of They Died With Their Boots On.
          Errol looks so young!

They-died-134.gif

• Tim

August 15, 2013 at 12:46 am

Oops, didn’t see this earlier, Tina. What a beautiful couple. You can tell they truly adored each other!!