Interesting Discussions and Photos

25 Sep

I accidentally (as always) found these interesting discussions and photos from some of our members:

greenbriarpictureshows.blogspot.de/2012/07/is-above-hello-god-errol-flynn-behind.html…

greenbriarpictureshows.blogspot.de/2012/07/greenbriar-wont-let-errol-go-errol-and.html…

— Inga

1. ILIKEFLYNN

September 26, 2012 at 2:28 am

Thank you, Inga for bringing this post to our attention. As I was not an “author” of this blog at time it is most interesting to me. Some of the comments are hard to read, but in one of them I believe Brian states the origin of the photo as a news clipping. Is the original clipping shown somewhere, because if I read the comment correctly, if the clipping has some caption attached to it would then that confirm its source?–A. R.

• Inga

September 26, 2012 at 5:31 am

Hi A.R., I think, if I understood it correctly, the original clipping was not posted, but only the photo, which Brian found only recently, without a caption? Maybe the clipping itself does not exist anymore, I’m not sure? What would you say, A.R. – Hello God or not?

2. ILIKEFLYNN

September 26, 2012 at 11:05 am

Could be, but maybe that clipping would have been proof positive.–A. R.

3. tassie devil

September 28, 2012 at 12:54 am

Many thanks Inga as I have had this picture on my computer for many years now but did not know from where it came. Now I can finally label it Hello God
    Genene

4. themainflynnman

September 30, 2012 at 10:46 am

I think I mentioned at Greenbriars that the clipping was sent to me by Karl Holmberg. It was a photocopy clipping and there was no text with it. Maybe Karl – if he is around – can shed more light?
    The photograph I bought merely had ‘Kim – 1950’ pencilled on the reverse. So it offered no definitive proof.
    I think Ralph made a great point, and it had crossed my mind, that the photograph could have been from ‘Wife of the Czar’ from ‘The Errol Flynn Theatre’. Personally, I think Flynn looks a little too lean and healthy for it to be from that period but —

5. themainflynnman

September 30, 2012 at 11:09 pm

I don’t have any photos from ‘A Wife for the Czar’ and don’t have time to do any screenshots. Maybe someone else could help out on that one?

6. twinarchers

May 7, 2014 at 9:31 pm

I see you guys are already on the ball with that site I mentioned.