Happy Birthday Errol Flynn!

20 Jun

June 20, 1909 …Friend1

— David DeWitt

June 20, 2016 at 8:01 am

Thanks for the reminder David, and hope you had a great Father’s Day with your daughter in the Big Apple!

www.theerrolflynnblog.com…

aaac573dccc62a2e035b36b1684b6b7b.jpg

2. ILIKEFLYNN

June 20, 2016 at 11:00 am

Here is a reminder for those who get the cable channel, TCM-North America. Spend the day with Errol Flynn. Starting at 6:00am with “Rocky Mountain” and ending with a showing of “The Cruise of the Zaca” at 7:30pm, TCM-North America will be commemorating Errol’s 107th Birthday! Happy Birthday, sport!–A. R.

• Gentleman Tim

June 20, 2016 at 1:55 pm

Thank you, A.R. Many new Flynn Fans will be born today watching today’s films. When I was a kid and young adult it was extremely difficult to see Cruise of the Zaca and other treasures from Errol’s wondrous oeuvre.

• David DeWitt

June 20, 2016 at 4:25 pm

Rory says TCM has been very kind to father’s memory and she appreciates it very much. He is often included in their promos, and then there are days when you can see a slew of his films, too. Of course, once I see the beginning of a Flynn flick, that’s it, I’m hooked!

• zacal

June 20, 2016 at 7:07 pm

I agree. TCM has been terrific for fans of Errol Flynn. (Happy Birthday, Errol. You are my favorite movie star.)

• Paula

June 20, 2016 at 9:17 pm

If anybody is on Twitter, I’m going to be live-tweeting CAPTAIN BLOOD at 5:30 p.m. Eastern from @TCM_Party. Search for #TCMParty and join in if you’d like :)

• tassie devil

June 21, 2016 at 3:35 am

You are lucky we cannot get cruise of the zaca here. Could someone copy it for me to dvd please. Genene

• Gentleman Tim

June 21, 2016 at 5:49 am

Hello Genene. If you’re able to get a copy of the Special Edition DVD of The Adventures of Robin Hood described and depicted below, it includes Errol’s unparalleled travelogue/adventure masterpiece Cruise of the Zaca.

www.dvdjournal.com…

11b0e4aae0005056b71b37.jpg

• timerider

June 24, 2016 at 3:31 pm

I’ve had this set for some time and it is awesome! I like the history of Technicolor and all the shorts that are included.
          The cruise of the Zaca is indeed historical and enjoyable.

3. timerider

June 20, 2016 at 3:02 pm

He packed 107 years into 50! He really didn’t die. His film avatar is forever on celluloid and digitally set on this planet. His spirit is wherever adventuring in the universe!

• David DeWitt

June 20, 2016 at 4:30 pm

When I think of Errol Flynn, the first thing I do is behind to smile … That rascal Flynn!

4. ILIKEFLYNN

June 20, 2016 at 9:29 pm

I just got home from work and have just finished watching “The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex” and one can almost not believe that: 1.) this film was directed by the same man who directed “Dodge City” and that 2.)Flynn who just a year or so ago had made the film that would immortalize him, appears in this film at his peak and holds his own with “the Queen of Warner Bros.” Well now I think i will hold my own Flynn festival and start with one of my favorite Flynn movies; one they are not showing on TCM. Good day, sport!–A. R.

5. The Zaca

June 20, 2016 at 11:40 pm

Always a celebration this day!

6. tassie devil

June 21, 2016 at 3:32 am

not many people know the special bond Errol and I have But it is something that no other on this planet would have . I bless him day after day for it. Rory knows what it is. Thank you Errol have a great day. God Bless Genene.

7. Tony

June 21, 2016 at 4:05 am

The TMC (Turner Movie Classics) channel in NYC had a day of Errol Flynn movies today. I tuned in to see They Died With Their Boots On and had a big laugh when I saw Errol made up like General George S Custer! The movie was very good too. I hope his kids, and grand kids, and all are well and happy.