Anyone Know What This Is?

02 Jul

A Picture Quiz

… Below photo added after winning answer by Tassie Devil

— Gentleman Tim

July 3, 2018 at 6:37 am

July 3, 2018 at 12:19 pm

July 3, 2018 at 2:02 pm

4. Karl

July 3, 2018 at 3:40 pm

Man, oh man GT…. ’tis a puzzlement to see the connection between ALL your images and this (nifty knife) scrawl…

Is this somehow an item he brought with him from Taz?

• Gentleman Tim

July 3, 2018 at 4:25 pm

It was indeed from Tazland, Karl! Hobart, to be exact – where it remains today and has apparently never left. Master Flynn, a real cut-up, last saw it there.

Here he is with Friends:

errol_boarders_friends1920.jpg

• Karl

July 3, 2018 at 6:17 pm

No doubt “woodworking” was a subject in which he particularly EXCELLED and, as I see, preserved for posterity?

As Groucho famously observed: “Why should I care about posterity? What’s posterity ever done for me?”

Well, for Flynn… the subject of another EFB posting!

July 3, 2018 at 10:09 pm

Thanx for that excellent Marxism, Czar Karl! … Someone’s posterior was involved, but it wasn’t Flynn’s – probably a Friend’s, but, if he was enrolled like Errol, not so.

ef2%2B%25282%2529.jpg[img

6. David DeWitt

July 4, 2018 at 2:33 am

This comes from our friends in Hobart Steve and Genene Randall: it is an amazing story!

flynn-desk-hobart-1-e1530671479604.jpg

Larger View

July 4, 2018 at 6:40 am

The photo above from Mulholland Farm and The Zaca were presented to introduce subsequent desks in Errol:’s life.

mul2desk.jpg

8. timerider

July 4, 2018 at 5:43 pm

What a fun find! $120!!! The legacy of the life and adventures of Errol Flynn never gets boring!
    I Hope to see OZ ,Taz and Kiwi-land before I kick.
    I need another adventure as I seem to be sticking in the mud/sand.
    A landlubber I’ve become in this desert.
    My aunt and uncle worked on the first computers in Perth (1970’s) and have been back many times.
    They keep promising to send me the DVDs of their recents trips back.
    I can see why Errol was disciplined much as many of us were carving into the school desks LOL!