The Sartorial Flynn

21 Oct

Inspired by the keen observations of timerider – and with his kindly “Carry on, Old Boy” blessing – I hereby start a post for all to post your all time favorite images of Errol at his sartorial best, most fun, interesting, unique, and/or ahead of his time. I expect all of us will have multiple, even numerous favorites.

As timerider would say, “Carry On”! … In that spirit and fashion, I post my first:

— Gentleman Tim

1. David DeWitt

October 21, 2017 at 1:38 pm

Fearless Flynn!e8849a0d3bdf93ad44c8d37f9610e12d.jpg

2. timerider

October 22, 2017 at 3:21 pm

Knickers and a pipe, now that’s gotta be Errol!
    The Stackpole shot has got to be the Quintessential Flynn! It sits on my shelf above this computer where I sit.

• David DeWitt

October 22, 2017 at 3:37 pm

Rory Flying has one in her study on the wall signed by everybody at Jack & Louise Marino’s famous 100th Centenial Party in 2009 in Burbank, given to her by Jack …

• timerider

October 22, 2017 at 4:04 pm

David, how do I inject a photo from my computer into the blog comments? I Have that bitmap of Errol and the Seahawk and I’m tempted to put the side by side of Errol and me old dad. I get asked by many if the stackpole shot is me. At least when I was 30ish..LOL! That’s fun..

• David DeWitt

October 23, 2017 at 11:06 pm

First you go to Media, click Add New, and upload the photo. You will see it uploading.

Then click on the image to open its properties page. From here you can change the size of the image, and center it.

To the right of the image is its address. Click anywhere inside the address bar and sellect copy all to get the address ready for pasting.

Now go to the comment box and add some text.

On the right of the comment box you can see the add images link. A box opens and paste the image address into the space provided. Click Ok. This adds the image code to the cimment box.

Then click Submit Comment.

If the image is too big, or too small, you must go back and change its size and save your changes. Note: once you change the image size it is given a new address!

Copy Paste the new address into the comment box using the link as described above. Any problems, let me know!

• timerider

October 25, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Thank you David! I will as soon as I can but for now I must fix some parts of this computer and get something done of of it..LOL!

October 22, 2017 at 6:00 pm

It appears Errol may have wore a watch more often afloat than aground. One if at sea, none if on land.

Here he is during his Lili White Era of dress, with wristband watches.

i.pinimg.com…

media.gettyimages.com…

October 23, 2017 at 5:09 pm

Very early Errol (with his very human-looking pet dog!)

i.pinimg.com…